Lately, I've been busy browing my new account in Pinterest. And surely I got so many new ideas about different topics. =D And this recipe was inspired by one photo I've seen from it.
- 1 pack active dry yeast (1 tablespoon)
- 1/2 cup warm milk
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (soft)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for work surface
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a small bowl, mix together yeast and warm milk. Set aside.
- In the bowl mix together butter, sugar, egg, vanilla until well combined.
- Add yeast mixture (Yeast mixture is ready when the yeast forms bubbles).
- In a large bowl, whisk together both flours and salt.
- Create a well in the middle of the flour.
- Pour in the yeast mixture.
- Mix all together. You can use electric mixer or just hands and form a ball. At this point, you can add flour or milk to achieve the proper texture in case you need adjustment.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured work surface. Knead dough until smooth, about 5 minutes.
- Lightly flour the bottom of a large glass bowl; place dough in bowl and cover with a clean damp kitchen towel or with plastic wrap; let stand until doubled in size, about 2 hours or refrigerate overnight.
- Mozzarella cheese
- Cheddar Cheese
- Cream Cheese
- Roll dough into a rectangle the length of your baking sheet. It can be wider than the sheet because you will be folding the sides in.
- Place the dough on the baking sheet and let the sides hang off.
- Put different kinds of cheese on the center half of the dough.
- Cut the dough on the sides at about 3/4 inch intervals. Don't cut all the way to the filling.
- Wrap it by starting at the bottom and alternating sides, overlap the strips of dough onto the filling in a lattice pattern. You can stretch the pieces to fit all the way over the filling.
- Optional: You can brush egg wash if you like.
- Bake your bread at 190° C for about 20-30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!