Fettuccini Carbonara is one of my personal favorites when it comes to pasta dishes. I love the creamy and mouth-watering taste of its sauce. I’ve been cooking this dish in so many ways with different ingredients. But still, I couldn’t find the right recipe that will satisfy my taste buds until my friend gave me a taste of her fettucinni carbonara recipe. I couldn’t resist but to ask her how she cooked it. Well, thanks to her that she didn’t refuse to share her recipe. I did some additionals from her original recipe and it still taste very good. =D
- 5 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- smoked/sweet ham, cut into strips
- 1 kg package fettuccini pasta
- 1 liter whipped cream
- 3 regular cans of Nestle Cream
- 1 sachet chicken stock powder / mushroom soup powder
- 1 can button mushroom sliced
- Olives - chopped
- 3/4 cup shredded cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente. Drain pasta, then return it to the pot. Set aside.
2. Heat olive oil in a large heavy saucepan over medium heat.
3. Sauté garlic and onion until light brown.
4. Stir in ham (set aside small quantity for toppings), mushroom and olives.
5. Add in the dissolved chicken stock powder or mushroom powder.
6. Pour the whipped cream and Nestle cream. Continue stirring to avoid getting burnt.
7. Add salt and pepper to taste.
8. Once the white sauce is ready, pour it over to the pasta and mix.
9. Place it on a platter, topped with cheese and ham.